Saturday, January 3, 2009

Why I am starting this blog

I’ve decided to chronicle my journey back to a fit lifestyle and keep track of my progress, both good and bad, and maybe help a few people along the way.

I’m a 40 year old guy who wants his 20-something body back. I want to shed the spare tire and love handles and gain the six-pack abs I had in my youth. I want to live healthier like I did back in those days as well. I have a history of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and a few other genetic diseases that run in my family and I want to stave them off so I can share my sunset years with my daughters and my beautiful, albeit younger, wife.

This, I guess you could say, is my mid-life crisis. It’s not a bad one to have either. Getting fit and living healthier is about the best gift I could give myself, my wife and my girls.

So here’s to the journey and it’s peaks and valleys that I’ll be traveling. I know it’s going to be a bumpy ride but anything worth having is worth working for right?

No comments:

Post a Comment